South Bay News
Oriental fruit flies found in Morgan Hill
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- Crews will begin efforts soon to eradicate an exotic species of fruit fly found in the Morgan Hill area after four oriental fruit flies were discovered in traps in recent days, near Monterey Road and Tennant Avenue.
The oriental fruit fly can harm more than 230 kinds of fruits and vegetables, including many local crops.
State workers will put out bait stations that will attract and kill male fruit flies starting on Saturday.
morgan hill, south bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 27 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms 7 min ago
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony 34 min ago
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings 48 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial 39 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela...
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos