South Bay News
Oriental fruit flies found in Morgan Hill
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- Crews will begin efforts soon to eradicate an exotic species of fruit fly found in the Morgan Hill area after four oriental fruit flies were discovered in traps in recent days, near Monterey Road and Tennant Avenue.
The oriental fruit fly can harm more than 230 kinds of fruits and vegetables, including many local crops.
State workers will put out bait stations that will attract and kill male fruit flies starting on Saturday.
morgan hill, south bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk 20 min ago
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash 44 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors put to the test
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday