South Bay News
Liquor store sells winning Fantasy 5 ticket
SAN JOSE -- A San Jose liquor store sold a winning Fantasy 5 lottery ticket Wednesday, according to California Lottery officials.
Williams Liquor at 1064 Leigh Ave. sold the winning ticket that matched all five numbers -- 15, 30, 21, 11 and 19 -- giving the winning player a $318,673 reward, lottery officials said.
The top prize of Fantasy 5, a California Lottery game since 1992, starts at about $55,000 and increases each day until a winning ticket, matching all five numbers, is purchased, lottery spokesman Alex Traverso said.
The ticket purchased at Williams Liquor was bought in the fourth day of the game, dating back to July 22, Traverso said.
The winner has 180 days to claim the prize money, he said.
lottery, san jose, south bay news
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 48 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro 49 min ago
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire 12 min ago
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos