South Bay News
Liquor store sells winning Fantasy 5 ticket
SAN JOSE -- A San Jose liquor store sold a winning Fantasy 5 lottery ticket Wednesday, according to California Lottery officials.
Williams Liquor at 1064 Leigh Ave. sold the winning ticket that matched all five numbers -- 15, 30, 21, 11 and 19 -- giving the winning player a $318,673 reward, lottery officials said.
The top prize of Fantasy 5, a California Lottery game since 1992, starts at about $55,000 and increases each day until a winning ticket, matching all five numbers, is purchased, lottery spokesman Alex Traverso said.
The ticket purchased at Williams Liquor was bought in the fourth day of the game, dating back to July 22, Traverso said.
The winner has 180 days to claim the prize money, he said.
lottery, san jose, south bay news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 19 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos