South Bay News
Couple wanted for ID theft in Santa Cruz
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- A Santa Cruz couple has two shiny new Apple computers. The problem is, they used someone else's credit card to buy them.
The Santa Cruz County Sheriff says a man and woman bought two new Mac Book Pro computers from the Best Buy store in Santa Cruz sometime in the past few weeks.
Investigators say the suspects opened several unauthorized credit card accounts in another person's name, and then bought numerous items using those cards.
The victim then alerted police.
santa cruz, identity theft, crime, south bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown