South Bay News
Couple wanted for ID theft in Santa Cruz
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- A Santa Cruz couple has two shiny new Apple computers. The problem is, they used someone else's credit card to buy them.
The Santa Cruz County Sheriff says a man and woman bought two new Mac Book Pro computers from the Best Buy store in Santa Cruz sometime in the past few weeks.
Investigators say the suspects opened several unauthorized credit card accounts in another person's name, and then bought numerous items using those cards.
The victim then alerted police.
santa cruz, identity theft, crime, south bay news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight 11 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael 29 min ago
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery 52 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
1 min ago