South Bay News
Community holds fundraiser for children of murder victims
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- San Jose police are still looking for the man suspected of murdering a couple in their home while they slept. On Tuesday family and friends paid their respects during a private viewing and Tuesday night, they held an impromptu fundraiser for their three surviving children.
People came to have dinner at a restaurant and listen to live music and all of the proceeds will go to Pedro and Marybel Jimenez's three small children.
The music was upbeat at El Nuevo Kora, but the mood was not. The Jimenez couple was murdered in their San Jose home last week, while their three children slept.
Pedro's uncle said he still feels the pain and that he is trying to stay strong for the family and for the children. Police are still looking for the suspect, Pedro Castellon Medina, who they believe is heading to Mexico. They think he killed the couple out of anger after Marybel broke up with him to reunite with the father of her children. Investigators also say they have reason to believe Medina will, "shoot it out with officers before allowing himself be to captured."
"To do something like this, you have to be crazy," said Manuel Gonzalez, the El Nuevo Kora owner.
Just about everyone at the fundraiser knew the suspect and the victims. While they don't want to talk about Medina, they do want to support the Jimenez family.
Family friend Tino Martinez says the Jimenezes are his family that he's known his entire life. It was a big tragedy.
"I wanted to help them. I don't want to be in their position right now because I feel sorry for all these things," said Gonzalez.
Funeral services for Pedro and Maribel are sets for Wednesday morning.
Also, San Jose police have started a fund to help three children. The money will be used to pay for clothing, housing and other needs for the three children.
Members of the public wishing to make a donation may do so on-line at www.sjpoa.com. Checks can also be sent to the following mailing address:
1151 North Fourth Street
San Jose, CA 95112
Please make checks payable to:
SJPOA - CF and indicate "Jimenez" on the memo line.
SJPD, crime, shooting, south bay news, lisa amin gulezian
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan