South Bay News
Funeral services held for double murder victims
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Funeral services are being held Wednesday for a San Jose mother and father murdered last week in their home. The vicious crime happened while their three children were inside the house, but they survived.
Police are still looking for the suspect accused of killing Pedro and Marybel Jimenez.
Investigators say that suspect, Pedro Castellon-Medina, is armed and dangerous and on his way to Mexico.
Last night, a fundraiser was held for the couple's three children. All the money raised from that event will go to the kids, who will now be raised by a family member.
Police think the suspect killed the couple because Marybel broke up with him to reunite with the father of her children.
San Jose police have started a fund to help three children. The money will be used to pay for clothing, housing and other needs for the three children.
Members of the public wishing to make a donation may do so on-line at www.sjpoa.com. Checks can also be sent to the following mailing address:
1151 North Fourth Street
San Jose, CA 95112
Please make checks payable to:
SJPOA - CF and indicate "Jimenez" on the memo line.
SJPD, crime, shooting, south bay news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River
- Preliminary 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Video: America's Cup teams practice on San...
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- Hundreds of officers attend little girl's graduation
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos