South Bay News
Funeral services held for double murder victims
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Funeral services are being held Wednesday for a San Jose mother and father murdered last week in their home. The vicious crime happened while their three children were inside the house, but they survived.
Police are still looking for the suspect accused of killing Pedro and Marybel Jimenez.
Investigators say that suspect, Pedro Castellon-Medina, is armed and dangerous and on his way to Mexico.
Last night, a fundraiser was held for the couple's three children. All the money raised from that event will go to the kids, who will now be raised by a family member.
Police think the suspect killed the couple because Marybel broke up with him to reunite with the father of her children.
San Jose police have started a fund to help three children. The money will be used to pay for clothing, housing and other needs for the three children.
Members of the public wishing to make a donation may do so on-line at www.sjpoa.com. Checks can also be sent to the following mailing address:
1151 North Fourth Street
San Jose, CA 95112
Please make checks payable to:
SJPOA - CF and indicate "Jimenez" on the memo line.
SJPD, crime, shooting, south bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Senate panel approves immigration bill 25 min ago
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 59 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
26 min ago
- San Francisco, Santa Clara celebrating...
33 min ago
- Super Bowl 50 party begins in Santa Clara
1 min ago