South Bay News
Suspect in custody after police search in Santa Clara
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Police searching for an armed man locked down a Santa Clara neighborhood near Lawrence Expressway Thursday morning.
Officers were dispatched to an area near Santa Rosa Court after police received a call about a domestic disturbance at 4:40 a.m., Santa Clara police Lt. Wahid Kazem and a dispatcher said.
Police believed the man was armed and dangerous, and established a quarter-mile perimeter around the neighborhood. Residents were told to shelter in place.
A dispatcher said around 9:30 a.m. that the man had been taken into custody. Kazem said the suspect is on parole for a violent crime.
santa clara, crime, south bay news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test 23 min ago
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House 14 min ago
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos