South Bay News
Suspect in custody after police search in Santa Clara
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Police searching for an armed man locked down a Santa Clara neighborhood near Lawrence Expressway Thursday morning.
Officers were dispatched to an area near Santa Rosa Court after police received a call about a domestic disturbance at 4:40 a.m., Santa Clara police Lt. Wahid Kazem and a dispatcher said.
Police believed the man was armed and dangerous, and established a quarter-mile perimeter around the neighborhood. Residents were told to shelter in place.
A dispatcher said around 9:30 a.m. that the man had been taken into custody. Kazem said the suspect is on parole for a violent crime.
santa clara, crime, south bay news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday