South Bay News
Suspect in custody after police search in Santa Clara
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Police searching for an armed man locked down a Santa Clara neighborhood near Lawrence Expressway Thursday morning.
Officers were dispatched to an area near Santa Rosa Court after police received a call about a domestic disturbance at 4:40 a.m., Santa Clara police Lt. Wahid Kazem and a dispatcher said.
Police believed the man was armed and dangerous, and established a quarter-mile perimeter around the neighborhood. Residents were told to shelter in place.
A dispatcher said around 9:30 a.m. that the man had been taken into custody. Kazem said the suspect is on parole for a violent crime.
santa clara, crime, south bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael 49 min ago
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight 26 min ago
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery 14 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday