South Bay News
Thieves steal teen youth group's donation jar
WATSONVILLE (KGO) -- Police are asking for help solving a robbery that may prevent a Watsonville youth group from competing at a horse show.
Security camera video shows two men wanted for stealing a donation jar containing $300 from the Four Corners Market in Watsonville Friday. A ranch that helps teenage girls rescue and train Arabian stallions, was going to use the money to send the girls to a national competition in Idaho later this month.
In the meantime, the Santa Cruz Deputy Sheriff's Association and the Santa Cruz Sheriff's Posse have donated $600 to help the young women reach the thousand dollars they need for the trip.
watsonville, south bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 5 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 1 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
5 min ago