South Bay News
Man shot and killed in car Monday afternoon
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose police are on the scene of a deadly shooting that left one man dead and closed down Charles Street this afternoon.
Police responded to reports of gunshots just before 1:40 p.m. and arrived on Charles Street just west of Oakland Road to find a Hispanic man in his mid-30s suffering at least one gunshot wound in a parked white Chevrolet Impala, according to Officer Jose Garcia.
Soon after police arrived, the man died at the scene, Garcia said.
Police do not believe the suspect is a danger to the public, since that person appears to have fled the scene immediately after the shooting.
Charles Street is still closed down to traffic, and police detectives remain at the scene this afternoon, Garcia said.
Police have not made any arrests in connection with the shooting.
The homicide is San Jose's 25th this year.
san jose, shooting, murder, crime, south bay news
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline 30 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro 35 min ago
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 'SNL' plans to add black female cast member
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies
- Armed robbery at bingo fundraiser in San Jose
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday