South Bay News
Man shot and killed in car Monday afternoon
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose police are on the scene of a deadly shooting that left one man dead and closed down Charles Street this afternoon.
Police responded to reports of gunshots just before 1:40 p.m. and arrived on Charles Street just west of Oakland Road to find a Hispanic man in his mid-30s suffering at least one gunshot wound in a parked white Chevrolet Impala, according to Officer Jose Garcia.
Soon after police arrived, the man died at the scene, Garcia said.
Police do not believe the suspect is a danger to the public, since that person appears to have fled the scene immediately after the shooting.
Charles Street is still closed down to traffic, and police detectives remain at the scene this afternoon, Garcia said.
Police have not made any arrests in connection with the shooting.
The homicide is San Jose's 25th this year.
san jose, shooting, murder, crime, south bay news
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to City Hall 32 min ago
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for work
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit 43 min ago
- Scrabble asks fans to choose new word for dictionary 54 min ago
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed 9 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos