South Bay News
Police arrest suspect for sexually assaulting woman in Capitola
CAPITOLA, Calif. -- A male suspect was arrested after a woman reported being sexual assaulted early Sunday morning in Capitola, police said.
Around 4 a.m. police responded to a report of a female victim assaulted by her friend's roommate in the 800 block of Capitola Avenue.
The victim and suspect allegedly went to local bars with friends Saturday night. The female victim returned to her friend's residence that night and awoke to the suspect sexually assaulting her, police said.
Police arrested Richard Joseph Arvizu III with charges related to sexual assault.
Arvizu was booked into Santa Cruz County Jail and the incident remains under investigation.
sex crimes, capitola, crime, south bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Sex trafficking case investigated in Berkeley
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos