South Bay News
Police arrest suspect for sexually assaulting woman in Capitola
CAPITOLA, Calif. -- A male suspect was arrested after a woman reported being sexual assaulted early Sunday morning in Capitola, police said.
Around 4 a.m. police responded to a report of a female victim assaulted by her friend's roommate in the 800 block of Capitola Avenue.
The victim and suspect allegedly went to local bars with friends Saturday night. The female victim returned to her friend's residence that night and awoke to the suspect sexually assaulting her, police said.
Police arrested Richard Joseph Arvizu III with charges related to sexual assault.
Arvizu was booked into Santa Cruz County Jail and the incident remains under investigation.
sex crimes, capitola, crime, south bay news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday