South Bay News
Police arrest suspect for sexually assaulting woman in Capitola
CAPITOLA, Calif. -- A male suspect was arrested after a woman reported being sexual assaulted early Sunday morning in Capitola, police said.
Around 4 a.m. police responded to a report of a female victim assaulted by her friend's roommate in the 800 block of Capitola Avenue.
The victim and suspect allegedly went to local bars with friends Saturday night. The female victim returned to her friend's residence that night and awoke to the suspect sexually assaulting her, police said.
Police arrested Richard Joseph Arvizu III with charges related to sexual assault.
Arvizu was booked into Santa Cruz County Jail and the incident remains under investigation.
sex crimes, capitola, crime, south bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF 21 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student 22 min ago
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos