South Bay News
Police arrest samurai-sword murder suspect
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- In San Jose, police have arrested a man suspected of stabbing a homeless woman to death with a samurai sword.
The stabbing happened last night outside the Walgreens on West San Carlos Street at Meridian Avenue. The victim was known in the area as the "screaming lady."
Investigators say she was sitting on the sidewalk when she was attacked.
Some witnesses say the victim and the suspect may have had an earlier confrontation.
san jose, murder, homeless, crime, south bay news
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe 10 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 38 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 42 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
6 min ago