South Bay News
Congressman to join search for Sierra LaMar
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Bay Area Congressman Jerry McNerney will be joining volunteers tomorrow in Morgan Hill in the search for missing teenager Sierra LaMar.
The 15-year-old went missing on March 16 on her way to school. Officials have organized weekly searches since her disappearance. Congressman McNerney of Pleasanton will participate in tomorrow's search starting at 8 a.m.
Even though her body has yet to be found, Antolin Garcia-Torres is charged with LaMar's murder, prosecutors say they have DNA evidence linking him to the crime.
sierra lamar, crime, murder, missing person, morgan hill, san jose, south bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Fatal accident on Almaden Expressway in San Jose 16 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown 57 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
48 min ago