South Bay News
3-year-old girl drowns in family swimming pool
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A three-year-old girl drowned in her family's swimming pool in San Jose Friday evening, according to police.
Police responded to the home in the 2000 block of Bluejacket Way at 7:19 p.m.
The girl had fallen into the family's swimming pool and was taken to Regional Medical Center in San Jose where she was later pronounced dead.
Police do not suspect that there was foul play involved in her death, but are continuing to investigate.
Anyone with information about the incident has been asked to call San Jose police at (408) 277-8900.
san jose, child death, children, south bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap 53 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
25 min ago