South Bay News
3-year-old girl drowns in family swimming pool
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A three-year-old girl drowned in her family's swimming pool in San Jose Friday evening, according to police.
Police responded to the home in the 2000 block of Bluejacket Way at 7:19 p.m.
The girl had fallen into the family's swimming pool and was taken to Regional Medical Center in San Jose where she was later pronounced dead.
Police do not suspect that there was foul play involved in her death, but are continuing to investigate.
Anyone with information about the incident has been asked to call San Jose police at (408) 277-8900.
san jose, child death, children, south bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school 15 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate 47 min ago
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained 9 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos