South Bay News
3-year-old girl drowns in family swimming pool
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A three-year-old girl drowned in her family's swimming pool in San Jose Friday evening, according to police.
Police responded to the home in the 2000 block of Bluejacket Way at 7:19 p.m.
The girl had fallen into the family's swimming pool and was taken to Regional Medical Center in San Jose where she was later pronounced dead.
Police do not suspect that there was foul play involved in her death, but are continuing to investigate.
Anyone with information about the incident has been asked to call San Jose police at (408) 277-8900.
san jose, child death, children, south bay news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos