South Bay News
Man found stabbed to death inside SJ Safeway
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A man was killed in a stabbing inside a San Jose Safeway store Tuesday night, according to police.
Police responded to the supermarket at 3002 Story Road at 8:37 p.m. on reports of a medical emergency.
The victim, a man in his 20s, had been stabbed at least once and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspect or suspects had fled the scene before police arrived at remain at large tonight, police said.
Police remain at the Safeway store tonight investigating. The killing is San Jose's 31st homicide of the year.
Anyone with information about this case is urged to contact the San Jose Police Department, Homicide Unit, at (408) 277-5283. Persons wishing to remain anonymous can call the Silicon Valley Crime Stoppers at (408) 947-STOP (7867), or may visit: svcrimestoppers.org.
KGO contributed to this report.
san jose, crime, south bay news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday