South Bay News
Cheryl Burke hosts wheelchair dance competition
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (KGO) -- The new season of ABC's hit show "Dancing With the Stars" is just a few weeks away, but Cheryl Burke, one of those stars, is supporting a different kind of dance competition.
It's a wheelchair dance competition, involving people with spinal cord injuries from all over the country. They competed Friday night at Burke's dance studio in Mountain View.
The non-profit "American DanceWheels Foundation" is working with the V.A. Palo Alto Hospital to research the benefits of wheelchair dancing as part of rehabilitation for spinal cord injuries. Wheelchair dancers say it helps them improve their breathing and ease depression.
Winners get tickets to "Dancing With The Stars" which starts Sept. 24th at 8 p.m. here on ABC7.
mountain view, dancing with the stars, south bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 32 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule 25 min ago
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water 6 min ago
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier 48 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos