South Bay News
Vigil held for injured SJ firefighter
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- San Jose firefighters held a vigil late Sunday afternoon for one of their own, who's fighting for his life.
Firefighter Frank Ryan, 41, suffered a heart attack Thursday while battling a fire at Saint Patrick's Church. Ryan has served in the San Jose Fire Department for 15 years.Dozens of Ryan's fellow firefighters, police officers, friends, family, and members of the community prayed for him outside Regional Medical Center. Many of those same first responders worked to revive Ryan after he collapsed on Thursday, and have also been keeping an around-the-clock vigil outside the hospital.
Investigators are still trying to figure out what caused the fire that damaged Saint Patrick's Church.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36 53 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 19 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland 32 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter 1 min ago
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage 53 min ago
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
53 min ago