South Bay News
Stuck man extricated from walls in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose fire rescue crew extricated a man who fell 20 feet from a roof and became stuck between two buildings at a shopping plaza early this morning, according to San Jose fire officials.
San Jose fire Capt. Reggie Williams said that 18 emergency personnel responded to extricate the man.
"We're not sure what he was doing on top of this roof," Williams said this morning.
At 3:49 a.m. rescue personnel successfully extricated the man from between two cinder block walls located near the Orchard Supply Hardware store at the intersection of Aborn Road and East Capitol Expressway, according to fire officials.
san jose, south bay news
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville 39 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions 16 min ago
- Bay Area man arrested for killing relatives abroad 24 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend 35 min ago
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Man exposes himself outside of hospital in SF
- Rare Apple computer could fetch $640k at auction 49 min ago
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- This week's Perfect pet 'Francis'
13 min ago