South Bay News
Volunteers search for missing teen Sierra Lamar
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- In Morgan Hill, volunteers showed up to search for missing teenager Sierra Lamar, as they have every Saturday and Wednesday since mid-March.
The 15-year-old disappeared from her home on March 16th. Antolin Garcia-Torres has been charged with her murder, but her body hasn't been found.Friday's discovery of female remains in San Benito County hasn't discouraged volunteers.
"It gets hard at times, of course," volunteer Kelli Wilkins said. "You know, like with what happened yesterday. Everybody was, you know, scared, but, you know, everybody still showed up today and it's been very positive." Up to 60 volunteers show up every search day to help look for Sierra. The search headquarters are at Burnett Elementary School in Morgan Hill.
sierra lamar, crime, murder, missing person, morgan hill, san jose, south bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 23 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones 6 min ago
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- Actor Brad Pitt says he suffers from prosopagnosia
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 46 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos