South Bay News
Volunteers search for missing teen Sierra Lamar
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- In Morgan Hill, volunteers showed up to search for missing teenager Sierra Lamar, as they have every Saturday and Wednesday since mid-March.
The 15-year-old disappeared from her home on March 16th. Antolin Garcia-Torres has been charged with her murder, but her body hasn't been found.Friday's discovery of female remains in San Benito County hasn't discouraged volunteers.
"It gets hard at times, of course," volunteer Kelli Wilkins said. "You know, like with what happened yesterday. Everybody was, you know, scared, but, you know, everybody still showed up today and it's been very positive." Up to 60 volunteers show up every search day to help look for Sierra. The search headquarters are at Burnett Elementary School in Morgan Hill.
sierra lamar, crime, murder, missing person, morgan hill, san jose, south bay news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday