South Bay News
Volunteers search for missing teen Sierra Lamar
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- In Morgan Hill, volunteers showed up to search for missing teenager Sierra Lamar, as they have every Saturday and Wednesday since mid-March.
The 15-year-old disappeared from her home on March 16th. Antolin Garcia-Torres has been charged with her murder, but her body hasn't been found.Friday's discovery of female remains in San Benito County hasn't discouraged volunteers.
"It gets hard at times, of course," volunteer Kelli Wilkins said. "You know, like with what happened yesterday. Everybody was, you know, scared, but, you know, everybody still showed up today and it's been very positive." Up to 60 volunteers show up every search day to help look for Sierra. The search headquarters are at Burnett Elementary School in Morgan Hill.
sierra lamar, crime, murder, missing person, morgan hill, san jose, south bay news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 50 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 24 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter 27 min ago
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday