South Bay News
Man robbed at gunpoint while washing car
WATSONVILLE, Calif. -- A man was robbed at gunpoint at a self-serve car washing station in Watsonville Saturday night, police said.
The victim was washing his car around 9:50 p.m. at Blanca Car Wash at 1520 Freedom Blvd. when a man approached and offered to sell him a car stereo, according to police.When the victim declined and continued washing his car, the suspect pulled out a handgun and demanded the victim's wallet, police said. The man handed over his wallet containing an undisclosed amount of cash and the suspect fled the area in a vehicle described as a silver or gray early to mid 2000s Nissan four-door sedan. Police said the suspect was alone in his car and was last seen driving north on Freedom Boulevard toward K-Mart. Officers combed the area but were unable to locate the suspect or the suspect vehicle. Police said he is described as a Hispanic man in his 20s who is roughly 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 165 pounds with a thin moustache and a light complexion. He was wearing a black baseball cap and a brown long-sleeve shirt at the time of the robbery. Anyone with information about the suspect's whereabouts is encouraged to call the Watsonville Police Department's crime tip line at (831) 728-3544 or the investigation bureau at (831) 768-3352.
watsonville, guns, south bay news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta 25 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Drought prompts officials to release water...
25 min ago