South Bay News
7-Eleven employee killed in Milpitas store
MILPITAS, Calif. (KGO) -- Milpitas police are investigating after a 7-Eleven employee was found shot to death inside the convenience store.
Investigators say the 62-year-old employee was inside the store around 2:16 a.m. Sunday, "Detectives were called out, further investigation revealed the victim was deceased at the scene and we're treating this as a homicide investigation at this time," Lt. Daryl Sequeira said.The 7-Eleven convenience store chain issued a statement calling the incident a "random shooting" and saying that 7-Eleven is working with police during their investigation. The store, at 1496 North Milpitas Boulevard, remains closed as police continue their investigation. The man's name is not being released by request of his family, but ABC7 News has learned that he is survived by a wife and two children.
milpitas, guns, murder, south bay news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files suit over security breach 31 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos