South Bay News
7-Eleven employee killed in Milpitas store
MILPITAS, Calif. (KGO) -- Milpitas police are investigating after a 7-Eleven employee was found shot to death inside the convenience store.
Investigators say the 62-year-old employee was inside the store around 2:16 a.m. Sunday, "Detectives were called out, further investigation revealed the victim was deceased at the scene and we're treating this as a homicide investigation at this time," Lt. Daryl Sequeira said.The 7-Eleven convenience store chain issued a statement calling the incident a "random shooting" and saying that 7-Eleven is working with police during their investigation. The store, at 1496 North Milpitas Boulevard, remains closed as police continue their investigation. The man's name is not being released by request of his family, but ABC7 News has learned that he is survived by a wife and two children.
milpitas, guns, murder, south bay news
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree 56 min ago
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes 31 min ago
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk 28 min ago
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on...
31 min ago