South Bay News
Milpitas police investigate 1st homicide of 2012
MILPITAS, Calif. (KGO) -- Milpitas police are investigating their first homicide of the year at the 7-Eleven store on North Milpitas Boulevard early Saturday.
News of the weekend shooting has hit customers hard. Some have even dropped off flowers in honor of the clerk who was shot to death while working the overnight shift.
Milpitas police identify the employee as Mohammed Sadeghzadeh. The Milpitas resident started working at the convenience store only a month ago.
"This guy, he just started, seemed like a very nice guy, wasn't violent at all or anything, he was just here working," regular customer Timothy Arnaldo said.
Police say Sadeghzadeh was shot during a robbery. An employee says based on what he heard, there were three men all wearing masks. They entered the store around 2 a.m., jumped over the counter to take the cash, then shot Sadeghzadeh.
Milpitas police say all of their detectives are now working on this case. They won't talk about the evidence, but it's likely they're going over surveillance video. Cameras are installed throughout the store.
Homicides aren't common in Milpitas. This is the city's first so far this year. There were only two last year, and none the year before, which is why all of this comes as such a shock.
"My daughter goes to school here, her mom grew up here," customer Carlos Maldonado said. "She loves it here and she wants my daughter to go to school here too so this is very shocking. Very surprising."
milpitas, murder, shooting, crime, south bay news, lilian kim
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St. Paddy's Day 51 min ago
- 2 hospitalized after stabbing in San Francisco 24 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent'
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- New book reveals Steve Jobs nixed Apple TV idea 52 min ago
- GitHub employee quits; Alleges sexism in workplace
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St....
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos