South Bay News
Bellarmine acknowledges abuse accusation as credible
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Bellarmine College Preparatory in San Jose Tuesday acknowledged a credible accusation of sexual abuse against a student by a Jesuit four decades ago.
Bellarmine has released a letter it has sent to alumni about the alleged incident, which took place in the 1960s. In the letter, President Paul Sheridan says he has met with the former student, who boarded at the school, to apologize and express support for him. It also encourages other who may have been abused to seek a path to healing.
The letter was sent to students who went to the school from 1964-1974, when the Jesuit lived on campus.
religion, san jose, south bay news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice 28 min ago
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments 50 min ago
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home 56 min ago
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Cold snap damages plants in Bay Area yards
12 min ago