South Bay News
Bellarmine acknowledges abuse accusation as credible
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Bellarmine College Preparatory in San Jose Tuesday acknowledged a credible accusation of sexual abuse against a student by a Jesuit four decades ago.
Bellarmine has released a letter it has sent to alumni about the alleged incident, which took place in the 1960s. In the letter, President Paul Sheridan says he has met with the former student, who boarded at the school, to apologize and express support for him. It also encourages other who may have been abused to seek a path to healing.
The letter was sent to students who went to the school from 1964-1974, when the Jesuit lived on campus.
religion, san jose, south bay news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 30 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire 53 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 58 min ago
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
53 min ago
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
58 min ago