South Bay News
Community holds vigil for slain 7-Eleven clerk
MILPITAS, Calif. (KGO) -- Milpitas police are still trying to track down three armed robbers who shot and killed a 7-Eleven clerk. Friday night, many in the community came out to remember a man they knew as Mo.
Mohammad Sadeghzadeh was killed as part of robbery. But residents say they will not let their community be brought down by violence.
"They take a life and try to destroy, but it's just brought us closer together," Milpitas resident Mark Lott said.
A vigil for Sadeghzadeh, the 7-eleven clerk who was robbed and killed last Saturday, brought out people from all over Milpitas.
"These people here tonight come together as a community, not as a lynch mob," Lott said.
Many of those holding candles, say they only knew the man they called Mo in passing. But they feel connected by a violent loss that hit so close to home and the need to bring those responsible to justice.
"Man up and come in; turn yourselves in, don't be hunted down like a dog," Lott said. "That doesn't make you a man, it makes you a coward."
Sadeghzadeh was killed by three armed gunmen inside the store only two blocks from the Milpitas police station. Organizers posted details about the vigil on social media and suspect photos, released by investigators, were blown-up and passed out.
Diana Munoz has lived here most of her life. This is her first vigil and she wants it to be her last.
"People just would rather kill somebody or knock an old lady or man down and rob them and it just can't go on, it can't," she said.
Police are actively investigating the homicide. They have not released any other details beyond the suspect photos.
But those at the vigil hope an arrest is made soon.
"If you're man enough to do it, be man enough to admit it," Lott said.
There is a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case. Anyone with information on this case is asked to call Milpitas police at (408) 586-2400. Anonymous tips can be left at (408) 586-2500.
milpitas, murder, shooting, crime, south bay news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 14 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros 40 min ago
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
14 min ago