South Bay News
Volunteers search for missing teen Sierra LaMar
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- In Morgan Hill, the search for missing teen Sierra LaMar returned to the water. On Saturday search teams looked through reservoirs that had been explored previously. This weekend marks six months since Sierra was last seen in March on her way to school.
Wednesday's searches were canceled this week, leaving just Saturday as the scheduled search day, "We just needed to maybe go back just a little bit so that we can regroup," search volunteer Cecelia Ponzini said. "I think the mappers want to get at other areas, get maps ready for other areas. And so we'll just do Saturdays for awhile. And then probably go back to Wednesdays, I'm hoping. Many of the searchers want Wednesdays back. They're willing to be here."
Though there's still no sign of Sierra, Antolin Garcia-Torres was arrested in May and charged with her murder based on DNA evidence found in his car.
The missing teen would have turned 16 next month.
sierra lamar, crime, murder, missing person, morgan hill, san jose, south bay news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo 33 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos