South Bay News
Ceremony honors missing Morgan Hill teen
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- A special ceremony took place Sunday night to honor missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar.
Sunday marked the six-month anniversary of LaMar's disappearance.
Friends and family held a prayer vigil and released balloons at the Sierra LaMar Search Center at Burnett Elementary School in memory of the 15-year-old who disappeared while on her way to school on March 16.
Police have charged 21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres with her murder, based on DNA evidence found in his car.
Volunteers searched again for Sierra Saturday, but there is still no sign of her. The weekly Saturday searches for Sierra will continue.
sierra lamar, crime, murder, missing person, morgan hill, san jose, south bay news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday