South Bay News
Ceremony honors missing Morgan Hill teen
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- A special ceremony took place Sunday night to honor missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar.
Sunday marked the six-month anniversary of LaMar's disappearance.
Friends and family held a prayer vigil and released balloons at the Sierra LaMar Search Center at Burnett Elementary School in memory of the 15-year-old who disappeared while on her way to school on March 16.
Police have charged 21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres with her murder, based on DNA evidence found in his car.
Volunteers searched again for Sierra Saturday, but there is still no sign of her. The weekly Saturday searches for Sierra will continue.
sierra lamar, crime, murder, missing person, morgan hill, san jose, south bay news
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Accused naked BART attacker appears in court
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- AL West-leading A's beat Rangers, Darvish 6-2
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- Hayward BART reopens after fatality on track
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- SF approves new regulations for food trucks
- Concord police arm car owners with Clubs
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Colma BART fatality; Fatal house fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday