South Bay News
Ceremony honors missing Morgan Hill teen
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- A special ceremony took place Sunday night to honor missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar.
Sunday marked the six-month anniversary of LaMar's disappearance.
Friends and family held a prayer vigil and released balloons at the Sierra LaMar Search Center at Burnett Elementary School in memory of the 15-year-old who disappeared while on her way to school on March 16.
Police have charged 21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres with her murder, based on DNA evidence found in his car.
Volunteers searched again for Sierra Saturday, but there is still no sign of her. The weekly Saturday searches for Sierra will continue.
sierra lamar, crime, murder, missing person, morgan hill, san jose, south bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California 28 min ago
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport 19 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch