South Bay News
Amount set for Kinkade's girlfriend to say in home
SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- The girlfriend of the late artist Thomas Kinkade has agreed to pay $11,000 a month to remain in his Monte Sereno home.
Amy Pinto contends she is the sole beneficiary of Kinkade's $66 million estate. Kinkade had been separated from his wife for two years when he died in April of an alcohol and drug overdose. Pinto has been living in his 6,000 square foot home since he died.
Kinkade's family had been asking for $12,500 a month in rent, but Pinto asked a judge to give her a break because of the security guards who watch the house around the clock to make sure she doesn't steal anything. The probate court met on Monday to hear further arguments in the fight over the estate.
santa clara county, south bay news
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions 37 min ago
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday