South Bay News
Big rig accident causes train delays
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- A big rig went out of control and blocked light rail tracks in Santa Clara Friday morning.
The brakes on the big rig failed as it came off Highway 87 on the San Carlos Park Avenue off ramp.
It came to rest on the tracks at Park Avenue, interrupting service on the Winchester to Mountain View line.
The delay lasted about an hour and a half. Buses were used to take passengers to the San Fernando Station and the Santa Clara Convention Center.
There were no injuries reported.
santa clara, traffic, south bay news
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Man with ties to Boston suspect fatally shot by FBI
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
16 min ago