South Bay News
Big rig accident causes train delays
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- A big rig went out of control and blocked light rail tracks in Santa Clara Friday morning.
The brakes on the big rig failed as it came off Highway 87 on the San Carlos Park Avenue off ramp.
It came to rest on the tracks at Park Avenue, interrupting service on the Winchester to Mountain View line.
The delay lasted about an hour and a half. Buses were used to take passengers to the San Fernando Station and the Santa Clara Convention Center.
There were no injuries reported.
santa clara, traffic, south bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos