South Bay News
Big rig accident causes train delays
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- A big rig went out of control and blocked light rail tracks in Santa Clara Friday morning.
The brakes on the big rig failed as it came off Highway 87 on the San Carlos Park Avenue off ramp.
It came to rest on the tracks at Park Avenue, interrupting service on the Winchester to Mountain View line.
The delay lasted about an hour and a half. Buses were used to take passengers to the San Fernando Station and the Santa Clara Convention Center.
There were no injuries reported.
santa clara, traffic, south bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire