South Bay News
SJ marching band gets royal invite
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A representative of the British royal family is visiting San Jose Tuesday.
The queen's representative, the Deputy Lieutenant of London, is in the Bay Area personally inviting the Oak Grove High School Marching Band to London.
The band is being asked to perform at London's New Year's Day Parade 2014 and star in two prestigious holiday events in Italy.
The band will have to pay to get there, but their costs while in Europe will be covered.
holiday, music, england, europe, san jose, royals, south bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death 56 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar 5 min ago
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
56 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted...
37 min ago
- Police visit homes of missing jetliner's...
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos