South Bay News
SJ marching band gets royal invite
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A representative of the British royal family is visiting San Jose Tuesday.
The queen's representative, the Deputy Lieutenant of London, is in the Bay Area personally inviting the Oak Grove High School Marching Band to London.
The band is being asked to perform at London's New Year's Day Parade 2014 and star in two prestigious holiday events in Italy.
The band will have to pay to get there, but their costs while in Europe will be covered.
holiday, music, england, europe, san jose, royals, south bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF 56 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos