South Bay News
Hearing scheduled for mom who abandoned child after shoplifting attempt
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- A court hearing is scheduled for Monday for a woman accused of leaving her daughter behind after getting caught shoplifting in Morgan Hill.
38-year-old Marcy Keelin was arrested in Nevada Friday night, ending a nine-day search for her. Sheriff's deputies found her in a motel room with a male companion and her 11-month-old son Ashton .Keelin is accused of a shoplifting scheme at a Safeway in Morgan Hill September 19. Police say she had her 10-year-old daughter bring their cart full of groceries to the exit. But when Keelin pulled up in her car to load up, she saw store employees were on to her and she drove off, leaving her daughter behind.
The 10 year old isn't charged with a crime and has been staying with her grandmother in Morgan Hill.
morgan hill, crime, children, south bay news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M 58 min ago
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 39 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Big-rig accident blocks WB I-580 lanes in Pleasanton
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae 6 min ago
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday