South Bay News
Hearing scheduled for mom who abandoned child after shoplifting attempt
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- A court hearing is scheduled for Monday for a woman accused of leaving her daughter behind after getting caught shoplifting in Morgan Hill.
38-year-old Marcy Keelin was arrested in Nevada Friday night, ending a nine-day search for her. Sheriff's deputies found her in a motel room with a male companion and her 11-month-old son Ashton .Keelin is accused of a shoplifting scheme at a Safeway in Morgan Hill September 19. Police say she had her 10-year-old daughter bring their cart full of groceries to the exit. But when Keelin pulled up in her car to load up, she saw store employees were on to her and she drove off, leaving her daughter behind.
The 10 year old isn't charged with a crime and has been staying with her grandmother in Morgan Hill.
morgan hill, crime, children, south bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...