South Bay News
Hearing scheduled for mom who abandoned child after shoplifting attempt
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- A court hearing is scheduled for Monday for a woman accused of leaving her daughter behind after getting caught shoplifting in Morgan Hill.
38-year-old Marcy Keelin was arrested in Nevada Friday night, ending a nine-day search for her. Sheriff's deputies found her in a motel room with a male companion and her 11-month-old son Ashton .Keelin is accused of a shoplifting scheme at a Safeway in Morgan Hill September 19. Police say she had her 10-year-old daughter bring their cart full of groceries to the exit. But when Keelin pulled up in her car to load up, she saw store employees were on to her and she drove off, leaving her daughter behind.
The 10 year old isn't charged with a crime and has been staying with her grandmother in Morgan Hill.
morgan hill, crime, children, south bay news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning 46 min ago
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists 2 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run 1 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- LA police say no leads in AMBER Alert abduction
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos