South Bay News
Record number of riders prompts Caltrain to add more trains
A record number of riders are taking Caltrain, so the transit agency plans on adding six more trains starting Monday.
There will be two brand new trains and four others that had been mothballed because of budget cuts, but will now be restored.Caltrain is also rearranging its schedule to give passengers greater flexibility. The transit agency will add a Silicon Valley stop for twelve "limited" service trains. In June, Caltrain averaged 50,000 weekday riders.
caltrain, silicon valley, traffic, transportation, south bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- 'Healthbeat' aims to bring medicine, computers together 19 min ago
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- 'Healthbeat' aims to bring medicine,...
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos