South Bay News
Crash sparks fire along I-680 in SJ
Sunday, September 30, 2012
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A car burst into flames after it plowed into a utility pole along northbound Interstate 680.
The car then landed in bushes near the Capitol Expressway exit. The flames ignited nearby trees and shrubs.A woman escaped from the car with minor injuries, while the driver suffered serious injuries after being ejected from the car. CHP officials believe the man was drunk when he made an unsafe turn.
(Copyright ©2014 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
san jose, I-680, crash, fire, south bay news
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing 27 min ago
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials 43 min ago
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent' 42 min ago
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists 52 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run 50 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos