South Bay News
Mom awaits extradition after abandoning daughter
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- A mom accused of ditching her daughter in Morgan Hill during a shoplifting incident has an extradition hearing scheduled today in Fernley, Nevada.
Marcy Keelin, 38, was arrested Friday night in a Nevada motel room where she was found with her 11-month-old son and a male friend.
Authorities had been looking for Keelin for 9 days. Police say their mom-hunt began after she left her 10-year-old daughter behind with a cart full of groceries at a Morgan Hill Safeway store. Police say she was trying to steal the groceries and just took off -- abandoning her little girl.
morgan hill, crime, children, south bay news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York 10 min ago
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Consumer Reports evaluates best toilet papers
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire 53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos