South Bay News
Sunnyvale police arrest suspect in two bank robberies
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Sunnyvale police have arrested a man suspected of committing two recent bank robberies in Santa Clara County.
Adam Kiedrowski, 28, of Lodi, was taken into custody at a Sunnyvale motel on Tuesday afternoon, police said.
Sunnyvale police said they began their investigation after a bank robbery in that city on Sept. 5. On that day, a man armed with a semi-automatic pistol entered a U.S. Bank branch, presented a note demanding money and fled on foot with the stolen cash.
Crime scene evidence led police to believe that Kiedrowski was the robber, and that he had also robbed a U.S. Bank in San Jose on Aug. 28, Sunnyvale police said.
Police said additional evidence linking Kiedrowski to the Sunnyvale bank robbery was found in his motel room.
Kiedrowski was booked into Santa Clara County Jail on armed robbery charges.
sunnyvale, crime, south bay news
- Several aftershocks felt after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span 48 min ago
- Bay Area man arrested in Czech murders case 46 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
32 min ago