South Bay News
Walmart moves into San Jose's Westgate Mall
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A new store is bringing fresh groceries and new jobs to one San Jose neighborhood.
The new Walmart Neighborhood Market in the Westgate Mall focuses on groceries, but has some of the services offered at traditional Walmart stores, although with more limited merchandise options.
The store provides jobs for 90 people at nearly $13 an hour. Walmart opened its first neighborhood market 14 years ago.
san jose, walmart, south bay news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 27 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 2 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos