South Bay News
VTA bus evacuated due to suspicious package
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies have evacuated a VTA bus in San Jose because a suspicious package was found there this evening, sheriff's officials said.
The package was reported in the area of Monterey Highway and Capitol Expressway in San Jose.
A bomb squad was called to the area to investigate the package at 5:45 p.m. The bus was evacuated and nearby roads were blocked.
After examining the package,the bomb squad determined it was not an explosive device.
VTA, san jose, suspicious package, south bay news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body