South Bay News
VTA bus evacuated due to suspicious package
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies have evacuated a VTA bus in San Jose because a suspicious package was found there this evening, sheriff's officials said.
The package was reported in the area of Monterey Highway and Capitol Expressway in San Jose.
A bomb squad was called to the area to investigate the package at 5:45 p.m. The bus was evacuated and nearby roads were blocked.
After examining the package,the bomb squad determined it was not an explosive device.
VTA, san jose, suspicious package, south bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- Best methods for brewing coffee at home
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos