South Bay News
VTA bus evacuated due to suspicious package
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies have evacuated a VTA bus in San Jose because a suspicious package was found there this evening, sheriff's officials said.
The package was reported in the area of Monterey Highway and Capitol Expressway in San Jose.
A bomb squad was called to the area to investigate the package at 5:45 p.m. The bus was evacuated and nearby roads were blocked.
After examining the package,the bomb squad determined it was not an explosive device.
VTA, san jose, suspicious package, south bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday