South Bay News
VTA bus evacuated due to suspicious package
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies have evacuated a VTA bus in San Jose because a suspicious package was found there this evening, sheriff's officials said.
The package was reported in the area of Monterey Highway and Capitol Expressway in San Jose.
A bomb squad was called to the area to investigate the package at 5:45 p.m. The bus was evacuated and nearby roads were blocked.
After examining the package,the bomb squad determined it was not an explosive device.
VTA, san jose, suspicious package, south bay news
- Occupy the Farm protesters returning to Albany land
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center
- Plan to cut down trees in East Bay Hills under review 36 min ago
- Missing 3-year-old Hayward boy found
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday