South Bay News
Man who exposed himself to teens sought
APTOS, Calif. -- The Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office is trying to identify a man who exposed himself to two 16-year-old girls in Aptos on Saturday afternoon.
The girls were walking in the Seascape Village neighborhood, near Seascape Boulevard and Racquet Landing Road, when a man in a black Toyota sedan drove past them slowly while masturbating, sheriff's officials said.
The victims were able to get to a safe location and call 911.
The suspect was described as a white man in his late 20s with brown hair and a short beard. He was wearing a black T-shirt, according to the sheriff's office.
Investigators worked with the victims to create a sketch of the suspect.
Similar indecent exposure cases have been reported to the Santa Cruz Sheriff's Office and Watsonville police. Those agencies are working together to see if the incidents are related.
Anyone with information about the incidents is asked to contact the Santa Cruz Sheriff's Office at (831) 471-1121.
aptos, south bay news
- Sheriff: Suspect in Colorado school shooting dead 57 min ago
- Man survives fiery explosion at Hayward home
- EMT killed in fiery crash on I-580 remembered
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Photos: Colorado high school shooting 58 min ago
- Board approves eminent domain move for train 13 min ago
- Icy roads creating dangerous driving conditions
- Vigils to mark first anniversary of Newtown shooting
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Saturday
- roundup: SF stabbing; Water main breaks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday