South Bay News
Morgan Hill shooting suspect sought
MORGAN HILL, Calif. -- Santa Clara County sheriff's investigators are looking for a suspect believed to have shot one man and hit another over the head with a hammer early Thursday morning.
Around 3:05 a.m., deputies responded to 911 calls about a shooting near Peebles Avenue and Calle Moniz in a rural area of unincorporated Morgan Hill.
The caller told 911 dispatchers that a 45-year-old man had been shot in the arm and a 25-year-old man had been hit in the head with a hammer, according to the sheriff's office.
When deputies arrived, they found the two victims, but the suspect, identified by the sheriff's office as 33-year-old Mario Calderon, had fled. He is now wanted for attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon, according to the sheriff's office.
Investigators believe Calderon may be fleeing to Mexico in a white 1994 Acura Integra with a license plate number 6VDL974. He is described as 5 feet 6 inches tall and 180 pounds, with a shaved head.
The victims' injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The sheriff's office has asked anyone with information about the case to call (408) 808-4500 or the anonymous tip line at (408) 808-4431.
morgan hill, shooting, south bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF 20 min ago
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 21 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault 5 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos