South Bay News
Morgan Hill shooting suspect sought
MORGAN HILL, Calif. -- Santa Clara County sheriff's investigators are looking for a suspect believed to have shot one man and hit another over the head with a hammer early Thursday morning.
Around 3:05 a.m., deputies responded to 911 calls about a shooting near Peebles Avenue and Calle Moniz in a rural area of unincorporated Morgan Hill.
The caller told 911 dispatchers that a 45-year-old man had been shot in the arm and a 25-year-old man had been hit in the head with a hammer, according to the sheriff's office.
When deputies arrived, they found the two victims, but the suspect, identified by the sheriff's office as 33-year-old Mario Calderon, had fled. He is now wanted for attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon, according to the sheriff's office.
Investigators believe Calderon may be fleeing to Mexico in a white 1994 Acura Integra with a license plate number 6VDL974. He is described as 5 feet 6 inches tall and 180 pounds, with a shaved head.
The victims' injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The sheriff's office has asked anyone with information about the case to call (408) 808-4500 or the anonymous tip line at (408) 808-4431.
morgan hill, shooting, south bay news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 23 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike 25 min ago
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut 33 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
23 min ago