South Bay News
Morgan Hill shooting suspect sought
MORGAN HILL, Calif. -- Santa Clara County sheriff's investigators are looking for a suspect believed to have shot one man and hit another over the head with a hammer early Thursday morning.
Around 3:05 a.m., deputies responded to 911 calls about a shooting near Peebles Avenue and Calle Moniz in a rural area of unincorporated Morgan Hill.
The caller told 911 dispatchers that a 45-year-old man had been shot in the arm and a 25-year-old man had been hit in the head with a hammer, according to the sheriff's office.
When deputies arrived, they found the two victims, but the suspect, identified by the sheriff's office as 33-year-old Mario Calderon, had fled. He is now wanted for attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon, according to the sheriff's office.
Investigators believe Calderon may be fleeing to Mexico in a white 1994 Acura Integra with a license plate number 6VDL974. He is described as 5 feet 6 inches tall and 180 pounds, with a shaved head.
The victims' injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The sheriff's office has asked anyone with information about the case to call (408) 808-4500 or the anonymous tip line at (408) 808-4431.
morgan hill, shooting, south bay news
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela 49 min ago
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated 5 min ago
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael 42 min ago
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing 54 min ago
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San...
42 min ago