South Bay News
MythBusters opens up exhibit at Tech Museum
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Do you get wetter running or walking through rain? This and other burning questions are part of a new exhibit at San Jose's Tech Museum.
The TV show "MythBusters" is showing off its zany experiments disproving common beliefs. Things such as which side hits the ground if you drop a slice of bread with one side buttered?
You can also try to evade a bullet or channel your inner superman by trying to change into a superhero in a phone booth. The exhibit is geared for kids, but like the show, it also piques an adult's curiosity.
"You'll see a kid come up to the station and start experimenting, and the adult sits there and kind of watches their child and says, wait a minute, "I figured this out, hold on, get out of the way, let me try this," said Tory Belleci, a MythBusters Cohost.
MythBusters opens on Saturday.
san jose, museums, south bay news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 50 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
47 min ago