South Bay News
MythBusters opens up exhibit at Tech Museum
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Do you get wetter running or walking through rain? This and other burning questions are part of a new exhibit at San Jose's Tech Museum.
The TV show "MythBusters" is showing off its zany experiments disproving common beliefs. Things such as which side hits the ground if you drop a slice of bread with one side buttered?
You can also try to evade a bullet or channel your inner superman by trying to change into a superhero in a phone booth. The exhibit is geared for kids, but like the show, it also piques an adult's curiosity.
"You'll see a kid come up to the station and start experimenting, and the adult sits there and kind of watches their child and says, wait a minute, "I figured this out, hold on, get out of the way, let me try this," said Tory Belleci, a MythBusters Cohost.
MythBusters opens on Saturday.
san jose, museums, south bay news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach 30 min ago
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd