South Bay News
San Jose police investigating overnight fatal shooting
SAN JOSE -- Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a man in San Jose this morning.
At about 1:46 a.m. police received reports of a shooting in the 1700 block of Rogers Avenue.
Upon arrival, San Jose police officers found an adult man suffering from at least one gunshot wound. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene at 1:59 a.m., police said.
The shooting occurred in northern San Jose, just east of San Jose International Airport and near the intersection of Interstate Highway 880 and U.S. Highway 101.
The unknown suspects fled the scene and remain at large, police said.
The motive of the homicide remains under investigation and the identity of the victim is being withheld pending notification of the victim's family.
This morning's fatal shooting marks the San Jose's 37th homicide of 2012, according to police.
shooting, san jose, crime, south bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 51 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 38 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
8 min ago