South Bay News
San Jose police investigating overnight fatal shooting
SAN JOSE -- Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a man in San Jose this morning.
At about 1:46 a.m. police received reports of a shooting in the 1700 block of Rogers Avenue.
Upon arrival, San Jose police officers found an adult man suffering from at least one gunshot wound. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene at 1:59 a.m., police said.
The shooting occurred in northern San Jose, just east of San Jose International Airport and near the intersection of Interstate Highway 880 and U.S. Highway 101.
The unknown suspects fled the scene and remain at large, police said.
The motive of the homicide remains under investigation and the identity of the victim is being withheld pending notification of the victim's family.
This morning's fatal shooting marks the San Jose's 37th homicide of 2012, according to police.
shooting, san jose, crime, south bay news
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado 14 min ago
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation 47 min ago
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni
- UK officials: Radical Islam drives London attack
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area 9 min ago
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening 44 min ago
- Stray pony found wandering Richmond's Iron Triangle 31 min ago
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 34 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
22 min ago
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma...
14 min ago
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino...
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos