South Bay News
7 men, one boy arrested for fatal SJ shooting
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose police announced Friday that they have arrested seven men and one boy on suspicion of killing an 18-year-old man in May.
Police arrested the eight suspects on Oct. 3 in connection with the killing of Ricky Jacques of San Jose in a shooting reported at 8:21 p.m. on May 16 in the 1000 block of Walnut Woods Drive.
Eduardo Magana, 19; Juan Carlos Castillo, 18; Ramon Ramirez, 23; Juan Pineda, 20; Erik Hernandez, 18; Tomas Leyva, 24; and Adrian Alaniz, 24, have been booked into Santa Clara County Jail.
The suspects are all confirmed San Jose residents, with the exception of the boy whose information is being withheld by police.
Officers arrived to find Jacques and another man, 21, both San Jose residents. Jacques was suffering from at least one gunshot wound. The other man had suffered blunt-force wounds from an apparent assault, police said.
Both men were taken to a hospital, where Jacques succumbed to his injuries. The other man, whose name has not been released, had injuries that were not life-threatening, police said.
Police say they believe the killing was gang-related. The homicide was San Jose's 15th of 2012.
san jose, shooting, south bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 54 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes 48 min ago
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos