South Bay News
2 arrested in connection to fatal shooting of teen
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose police this week arrested two men on suspicion of shooting and killing a 17-year-old boy in June.
San Jose residents Luis Ramos, 24, and Jose Gutierrez, 19, were both arrested on Monday on in connection with the June 12 killing of Leonel Farias, police said.
Farias, a San Jose resident, was found suffering from at least one gunshot wound in the 900 block of Owsley Avenue near Rocketship Mosaic Elementary School around 6:20 p.m. on June 12, police said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Police suspected the shooting to be gang-related.
Ramos was arrested by the police department's Mobile Emergency and Response Group and Equipment(MERGE), also referred to as the department's SWAT team. Gutierrez was arrested by the department's Covert Response Unit, police said.
Both suspects were booked into Santa Clara County Jail, police said.
shooting, san jose, south bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting 42 min ago
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday