South Bay News
2 arrested in connection to fatal shooting of teen
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose police this week arrested two men on suspicion of shooting and killing a 17-year-old boy in June.
San Jose residents Luis Ramos, 24, and Jose Gutierrez, 19, were both arrested on Monday on in connection with the June 12 killing of Leonel Farias, police said.
Farias, a San Jose resident, was found suffering from at least one gunshot wound in the 900 block of Owsley Avenue near Rocketship Mosaic Elementary School around 6:20 p.m. on June 12, police said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Police suspected the shooting to be gang-related.
Ramos was arrested by the police department's Mobile Emergency and Response Group and Equipment(MERGE), also referred to as the department's SWAT team. Gutierrez was arrested by the department's Covert Response Unit, police said.
Both suspects were booked into Santa Clara County Jail, police said.
shooting, san jose, south bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 51 min ago
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle 32 min ago
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet 34 min ago
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Oakland looks to give micro-loans to small businesses 58 min ago
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma 11 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Is climate to change to blame for bigger...
50 min ago