South Bay News
Mountain View City Council to hear Chick-Fil-A appeals
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (KGO) -- Mountain View officials will weigh in on controversial fast food chain Chick-Fil-A's application to open up a new restaurant in the city.
The proposed drive-thru is located on El Camino Real near South Rengstorff Avenue.
Tuesday night, the City Council will hear two zoning appeals aimed at keeping the chain out of the city.
Backers of the appeals say their efforts have nothing to do with Chick-Fil-A's support of anti-gay groups, but rather increased traffic issues.
mountain view, south bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday