South Bay News
Two arrested after female shot in San Jose
SAN JOSE -- Two adult female suspects were arrested in connection to the shooting of an adult female victim in a shopping center parking lot in San Jose early this morning, according to San Jose police.
Police received reports of a shooting in the parking lot of the Plant Shopping Center near the intersection of Curtner Avenue and Monterey Highway at 2:45 a.m., according to Sgt. Jason Dwyer.
The two females were located in a vehicle shortly after the shooting and were apprehended, Dwyer said.
Based on the preliminary investigation into the incident, police believe that the victim and the two suspects knew each other prior to the shooting, Dwyer said.
The motive of the shooting remains under investigation.
The victim was transported to a local hospital with injuries not considered to be life threatening, Dwyer said.
san jose, shooting, south bay news
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers 18 min ago
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Uber insurance policy; BottleRock lineup 35 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos