South Bay News
Two arrested after female shot in San Jose
SAN JOSE -- Two adult female suspects were arrested in connection to the shooting of an adult female victim in a shopping center parking lot in San Jose early this morning, according to San Jose police.
Police received reports of a shooting in the parking lot of the Plant Shopping Center near the intersection of Curtner Avenue and Monterey Highway at 2:45 a.m., according to Sgt. Jason Dwyer.
The two females were located in a vehicle shortly after the shooting and were apprehended, Dwyer said.
Based on the preliminary investigation into the incident, police believe that the victim and the two suspects knew each other prior to the shooting, Dwyer said.
The motive of the shooting remains under investigation.
The victim was transported to a local hospital with injuries not considered to be life threatening, Dwyer said.
san jose, shooting, south bay news
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan