South Bay News
Two arrested after female shot in San Jose
SAN JOSE -- Two adult female suspects were arrested in connection to the shooting of an adult female victim in a shopping center parking lot in San Jose early this morning, according to San Jose police.
Police received reports of a shooting in the parking lot of the Plant Shopping Center near the intersection of Curtner Avenue and Monterey Highway at 2:45 a.m., according to Sgt. Jason Dwyer.
The two females were located in a vehicle shortly after the shooting and were apprehended, Dwyer said.
Based on the preliminary investigation into the incident, police believe that the victim and the two suspects knew each other prior to the shooting, Dwyer said.
The motive of the shooting remains under investigation.
The victim was transported to a local hospital with injuries not considered to be life threatening, Dwyer said.
san jose, shooting, south bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 11 min ago
- Mother, toddler endure violent home invasion robbery
- Pope Francis visits Rome children's hospital 56 min ago
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick 31 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday