South Bay News
Two arrested after female shot in San Jose
SAN JOSE -- Two adult female suspects were arrested in connection to the shooting of an adult female victim in a shopping center parking lot in San Jose early this morning, according to San Jose police.
Police received reports of a shooting in the parking lot of the Plant Shopping Center near the intersection of Curtner Avenue and Monterey Highway at 2:45 a.m., according to Sgt. Jason Dwyer.
The two females were located in a vehicle shortly after the shooting and were apprehended, Dwyer said.
Based on the preliminary investigation into the incident, police believe that the victim and the two suspects knew each other prior to the shooting, Dwyer said.
The motive of the shooting remains under investigation.
The victim was transported to a local hospital with injuries not considered to be life threatening, Dwyer said.
san jose, shooting, south bay news
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 2 min ago
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities 52 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos