South Bay News
Man shot and killed early this morning
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A man who was shot during a violence-filled morning in San Jose died from his injuries this morning, a police sergeant said.
Officers responded around 2:50 a.m. to a report of a shooting near the intersection of Locust and Humboldt streets in San Jose, according to Sgt. Jason Dwyer.
Police arriving on the scene located the victim, a man suffering from at least one gunshot wound. He was taken to Valley Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead around 5:25 a.m., Dwyer said.
Investigators have learned that the victim was walking around Locust and Humboldt streets early this morning when he was approached by unknown suspects. One or more suspects opened fire, striking the victim at least once, then fled the scene.
Police had not located the suspects as of 6 a.m. and the motive for the shooting remains unclear, Dwyer said.
The shooting marks San Jose's 39th homicide this year.
crime, shooting, san jose, south bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 10 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 33 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos