South Bay News
Fire crews contain 3-alarm fire in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Fire crews have contained a three-alarm fire at a warehouse in San Jose that houses a gymnastics facility, according to a San Jose Fire dispatcher.
The fire department first received reports of the blaze at the warehouse at 19600 Almaden Road around 3:55 a.m., the dispatcher said. The warehouse is home to Almaden Valley Gymnastics.
Fire crews en route to the fire upgraded the incident to a 2-alarm fire after spotting heavy smoke and later to a third alarm after encountering heavy fire at the scene, according to the dispatcher.
As of 6 a.m., the fire was about 90 percent contained, and no injuries had been reported.
fire, evacuation, san jose, south bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery 23 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire 24 min ago