South Bay News
Fire crews contain 3-alarm fire in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Fire crews have contained a three-alarm fire at a warehouse in San Jose that houses a gymnastics facility, according to a San Jose Fire dispatcher.
The fire department first received reports of the blaze at the warehouse at 19600 Almaden Road around 3:55 a.m., the dispatcher said. The warehouse is home to Almaden Valley Gymnastics.
Fire crews en route to the fire upgraded the incident to a 2-alarm fire after spotting heavy smoke and later to a third alarm after encountering heavy fire at the scene, according to the dispatcher.
As of 6 a.m., the fire was about 90 percent contained, and no injuries had been reported.
fire, evacuation, san jose, south bay news
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan