South Bay News
Fire crews contain 3-alarm fire in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Fire crews have contained a three-alarm fire at a warehouse in San Jose that houses a gymnastics facility, according to a San Jose Fire dispatcher.
The fire department first received reports of the blaze at the warehouse at 19600 Almaden Road around 3:55 a.m., the dispatcher said. The warehouse is home to Almaden Valley Gymnastics.
Fire crews en route to the fire upgraded the incident to a 2-alarm fire after spotting heavy smoke and later to a third alarm after encountering heavy fire at the scene, according to the dispatcher.
As of 6 a.m., the fire was about 90 percent contained, and no injuries had been reported.
fire, evacuation, san jose, south bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 11 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy 17 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation...
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos