South Bay News
Fire crews contain 3-alarm fire in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Fire crews have contained a three-alarm fire at a warehouse in San Jose that houses a gymnastics facility, according to a San Jose Fire dispatcher.
The fire department first received reports of the blaze at the warehouse at 19600 Almaden Road around 3:55 a.m., the dispatcher said. The warehouse is home to Almaden Valley Gymnastics.
Fire crews en route to the fire upgraded the incident to a 2-alarm fire after spotting heavy smoke and later to a third alarm after encountering heavy fire at the scene, according to the dispatcher.
As of 6 a.m., the fire was about 90 percent contained, and no injuries had been reported.
fire, evacuation, san jose, south bay news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday