South Bay News
Man killed in early morning shooting in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police are investigating San Jose's 40th homicide after a man was fatally shot early this morning.
Police received reports of a shooting victim who was transported to Good Samaritan Hospital in the 2400 block of Samaritan Drive at 1:24 a.m.
The victim was suffering from at least one gunshot wound and was pronounced dead upon arrival at the hospital, police said.
The exact location of the shooting is still being determined, according to police.
No suspects have been detained and no motive has been identified, according to police.
The victim's identity is being withheld until his family has been notified.
The homicide remains under investigation by the San Jose Police Department's Homicide Unit.
shooting, san jose, south bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle 32 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015 18 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial 42 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos