South Bay News
Man killed in early morning shooting in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police are investigating San Jose's 40th homicide after a man was fatally shot early this morning.
Police received reports of a shooting victim who was transported to Good Samaritan Hospital in the 2400 block of Samaritan Drive at 1:24 a.m.
The victim was suffering from at least one gunshot wound and was pronounced dead upon arrival at the hospital, police said.
The exact location of the shooting is still being determined, according to police.
No suspects have been detained and no motive has been identified, according to police.
The victim's identity is being withheld until his family has been notified.
The homicide remains under investigation by the San Jose Police Department's Homicide Unit.
shooting, san jose, south bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos