South Bay News
Man killed in early morning shooting in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police are investigating San Jose's 40th homicide after a man was fatally shot early this morning.
Police received reports of a shooting victim who was transported to Good Samaritan Hospital in the 2400 block of Samaritan Drive at 1:24 a.m.
The victim was suffering from at least one gunshot wound and was pronounced dead upon arrival at the hospital, police said.
The exact location of the shooting is still being determined, according to police.
No suspects have been detained and no motive has been identified, according to police.
The victim's identity is being withheld until his family has been notified.
The homicide remains under investigation by the San Jose Police Department's Homicide Unit.
shooting, san jose, south bay news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped 56 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 47 min ago
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code 49 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting 10 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos