South Bay News
Jury to resume deliberations in SJ principal's case
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Jury deliberations are set to continue Monday in the trial of a former San Jose elementary school principal accused of not reporting suspected child sex abuse.
The former principal at O.B. Whaley Elementary, Lyn Vijayendran, told the jury that she didn't report the abuse because the teacher convinced her the activity was part of a lesson plan.
The teacher was arrested in January and charged with abusing five children.
san jose, sex crimes, trials, south bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos