South Bay News
Jury to resume deliberations in SJ principal's case
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Jury deliberations are set to continue Monday in the trial of a former San Jose elementary school principal accused of not reporting suspected child sex abuse.
The former principal at O.B. Whaley Elementary, Lyn Vijayendran, told the jury that she didn't report the abuse because the teacher convinced her the activity was part of a lesson plan.
The teacher was arrested in January and charged with abusing five children.
san jose, sex crimes, trials, south bay news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130B FasTrack bill 45 min ago
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review 56 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Researchers use 3D printing to model organs
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos