South Bay News
Jury to resume deliberations in SJ principal's case
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Jury deliberations are set to continue Monday in the trial of a former San Jose elementary school principal accused of not reporting suspected child sex abuse.
The former principal at O.B. Whaley Elementary, Lyn Vijayendran, told the jury that she didn't report the abuse because the teacher convinced her the activity was part of a lesson plan.
The teacher was arrested in January and charged with abusing five children.
san jose, sex crimes, trials, south bay news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos